Thursday, May 19, 2011

Welcome! Again!

I cannot believe it is 2011 and here I am writing about the re-launch of the William Wanders website.  It seems like yesterday I started developing a website for my little William who continues to grow like, well, seaweed.  So I find myself with two more kids, a few years later, and I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!  As the founder of Footprints of the Mind, LLC, I decided to tread through uncharted waters and bring a new kind of web world to you; one geared specifically to teaching little kids about the world in which we live.  Besides WilliamWanders.com, I am involved in developing a couple of other sites that are sure to get you packing your suitcase for adventure, literally and figuratively!  Stay tuned for more information about that coming your way soon.

Truthfully, I have to admit I really love my job.  I get to spend my days coming up with great new ideas about keeping kids engaged in geography, travel, and learning about people, places and culture.  Then, when the work day is done, I toss on my ‘Mommy Hat’ for my three children, ages 2, 5, and 10, and do it all over again with them as my mini test market.  Well, not necessarily every day, but at least once a week for Travel on Tuesday.  The great thing about it is they absolutely LOVE it.  And there is nothing more important to me than those 3 little people.

So here’s the heart of the matter:  I have many goals with this endeavor; making sure kids enjoy the websites we are developing, keeping them safe from advertisements, finding materials that are fresh and inspiring, thinking of new and creative ways to teach geography, having fun, and getting to know all of you!  So in your free time, because we all have so much of it (yes, of course!), shoot me a message and let me know what you think.  I am looking forward to it!  

Safe Travels,
Irene
irene@footprintsofthemind.com  

1 comment:

  1. We're so excited to see the websites develop and evolve! You have great ideas - keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete