Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Travel on Tuesday to United Arab Emirates

My kids are on to me.  They have discovered that I am in love with the food at this new Middle Eastern fast food joint, and for Travel on Tuesday (our family at-home global adventure project) we have visited a significant number of countries that have middle eastern flavor in their cuisine.

Well, I am guilty of trying to sway their vote on where to travel to next so I can go to Naf Naf Grill and pick up dinner.  Most recently, for Travel on Tuesday to the United Arab Emirates I made my way over to one of their Chicago locations.

I realize that after some research, truly traditional Emirati food is not really a stuffed pita of yummy shawarma.  But I found a loophole - that it is a more popular modern dish of the UAE.  Perfect!

While there, the t-shirt of one of the employees caught my eye...

I would never tell the Middle-Schooler this, but I completely agree!

Back home, Little A was in complete awe over the picture I printed of the Burj Khalifa.  Who wouldn't be?  Coming from the city that "invented" the skyscraper (Chicago), I think this new tallest-building-in-the-world is probably more aptly called a "spacescraper"!

Visit us for more info about Travel on Tuesday and watch the video of our launch of www.travelontuesday.com on WGN TV Focus on Family.  Perfect for the Back-to-School family routine to keep your kids engaged in a fun and meaningful learning adventure at home!



   

2 comments:

  1. The food here in the UAE is truly amazing. You should try lamb medfoun, a traditional Emirate meal, and follow that up with Arabic coffee and shebab. mmmmm

    But the country is buzzing with many different cultures, with Emirates being only about 20% of the population. With that being said, there is so much delicious food from all over the world here, especially Indian and Filipino.

    And Little A has good reason to be in awe of the Burj Khalifa. It's huge. The view from the top is not one for those suffering from acrophobia, but it offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea, gorgeous modern architecture, and of course, endless desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Cool Keenan! I love getting first hand information about the countries we "travel" to. I would love to travel there in real life someday! :) Enjoy your journey!

      Delete