Monday, April 7, 2014

UAE: Ferrari World

My first day in Abu Dhabi and the cat in the apartment where I am staying was patting me on the face to wake me up.  On one or two occasions his whiskers were within an inch of me when he purred and had I not felt so jet lagged I probably would have been completely startled, but it didn't even phase me. 

Eventually, I made it out of bed and met up with my friend Jen, and her friend visiting from Arizona.  On the to-do list for the day was going to Ferrari World.

I have to be honest here.  I did not have a set plan on what I wanted to do while in UAE aside from visiting the Burj Khalifa, spending a day at a souk, going dune bashing, and visiting an elementary school.  What I do know is that traveling across the world to visit an amusement park was definitely not my cup of tea.

Some interesting facts about Ferrari World:
  • It is the largest indoor amusement park in the world.
  • The Formula Rossa is the fastest roller coaster in the world.
  • The food court serves hummus, dolma and flat bread (among other things like fried mozzarella sticks).
Here is a photo of me taken on the fastest roller coaster in the world:

That's me on the left in the front row.
To answer your questions:
  • Yes, it was much faster than what I was expecting it to be.
  • My expression is genuinely that of fear with a hint of a smile.
  • I liked it so much I rode it twice. 
  • I learned more about Enzo Ferrari than I ever wanted to know.
  • If you have time, I highly recommend that you visit Ferrari World because it is fun and you will get a freaked out photo of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment